Mansion of a homonymous engineer
Siaga Mansion lies at the intersection of the streets
of Vas. Olgas (Queen Olga) and P. Syndika. It was built in 1890, designed by
exceptional architect Xenophon Paionidis and intended to be passed onto the
family of banker Chatzilazarou.
The Euphrosyne, the wife of Pericles Chatzilazarou, the Honorary
Consul of the United States, bought the land from doctor Gr. Gravaro where he
builds mansion. The press of the time referred to it
as the American Consulate.
The Athenian architect Xenophon Peonidis chose to
construct a neoclassical style building which was his favourite architectural
style that followed most of his buildings.
In 1912, the Palace hosted the Royal family, but
later the building was purchased by the Siaga family, in whose possession it
Despite the passage of time, the building
retains original exterior and interior decoration. In
1985 it was declared a protected monument.
where the listed house is erected, 131 Queen Olga and Peter Syndika is 923,11
two floors, mezzanine, basement and an attic.
ground floor is 264 square metres and has two rooms that can be used as
bedrooms, 2wc, kitchen and reception area across 200 metres.
Mezzanine is 57.71 square metres that is part of the ground floor and has one
bedroom and a dressing room.
is 259,11 square metres and has reception, kitchen, 2wc and four bedrooms.
basement is 218,311 square metres and is habitable with has kitchen, wc, three
rooms, reception area.