Stages of purchase of real estate
The process of registration of real estate in Greece usually
consists of the following steps:
• Reservation by the buyer of the property of their choice, with payment of the deposit and issuing of the receipt of payment;
• Legal control of the real estate cadastre in the archive, in order to determine the legal purity of the property, presence or absence of a pledge at the time of transfer of ownership;
• Signing of a preliminary private agreement (before the registration of a notarial contract) indicating the value of the property as well as the method of payment of the agreed amount. This agreement is necessary in case if the deal itself is prolonged in time, but it is not mandatory;
• Obtaining by the buyer a Greek VAT identification number;
• Opening for the buyer a bank account in Greece;
• Creating of a notarial agreement of sale and purchase between the seller and the buyer;
• Registration of a notarial deed of sale and purchase in the state register.
After all these procedures, you become the happy owner of “House by the Sea”.